Fire fish and cardinal have white spots, is it ich?

Skay

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2023
Messages
895
Reaction score
1,082
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fire fish has these white spots that almost look raised while my cardinal has three smaller white dots. Not sure if it matters but i had two cardinals and one disappeared with no ammonia or nitrate spike so i’m assuming my cuc did their job. The remaining cardinal seems to really like the fire fishes company and they are both near each other constantly which leads me to believe contact spreads it? I haven’t added anything to the tank in months and I only have two other fish in there (clowns) and they seem perfectly fine. The two affected fish aren’t breathing heavy and overall seem okay. I’ll attach some photos the white spots look a lot worse on the fire fish. Please help my quarantine tank is already in use for some new arrivals

17E67E04-4549-4A25-A8AD-EB2CC5B04125.jpeg 9004465B-7848-4632-965C-1253A3F0EEE7.jpeg 77019CAA-996D-40F0-81D4-9F8658F04183.jpeg CACC05F8-AD43-4C81-8B2C-2CF5F1502D7A.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It is really tough to see anything under blue lights like that. Can you re-take the photos with white light?

We also need some history of the fish for context. Here is a post about that:

Jay
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It is really tough to see anything under blue lights like that. Can you re-take the photos with white light?

We also need some history of the fish for context. Here is a post about that:

Jay
will do
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top