Hi and thank you in advance for any help!
Once our lockdown finally ends I will be ready to start adding fish. The tank is 24G bare bottom with not much rock which I guess rules out fish who spend time on substrate or need hiding places. It’s approx 24” long x 15” x 15” I’ve got a jump guard on it so jumpers not an issue. I’ve also got a guard on the Nero 5 so fish cannot get sucked in. This is an upgrade tank which is why it looks so clean, the rock was moved from my year old tank and prior to that it was in an LFS sump for a few years.
I’m not looking for expensive fish, cheap and cheerful is fine but they must get along, I don’t want to be returning fish due to aggression. The tank is all soft coral. I do not have an anemone nor do I want one. I have 2 LFS close by so hopefully I can see before I buy when things are back to normal.
If I could have suggestions of specific fish that would be happy together that would be a great help. I’ve looked at online shop listings and aggression seems to pop up in almost all fish descriptions so I’m feeling a bit disheartened. I don’t really want to end up with just one single fish if it can be avoided?
I don’t know how important light is to fish but I’m running David Saxby’s settings on my Prime. The tank shot below is prior to the settings so it’s not that bright anymore.
Once our lockdown finally ends I will be ready to start adding fish. The tank is 24G bare bottom with not much rock which I guess rules out fish who spend time on substrate or need hiding places. It’s approx 24” long x 15” x 15” I’ve got a jump guard on it so jumpers not an issue. I’ve also got a guard on the Nero 5 so fish cannot get sucked in. This is an upgrade tank which is why it looks so clean, the rock was moved from my year old tank and prior to that it was in an LFS sump for a few years.
I’m not looking for expensive fish, cheap and cheerful is fine but they must get along, I don’t want to be returning fish due to aggression. The tank is all soft coral. I do not have an anemone nor do I want one. I have 2 LFS close by so hopefully I can see before I buy when things are back to normal.
If I could have suggestions of specific fish that would be happy together that would be a great help. I’ve looked at online shop listings and aggression seems to pop up in almost all fish descriptions so I’m feeling a bit disheartened. I don’t really want to end up with just one single fish if it can be avoided?
I don’t know how important light is to fish but I’m running David Saxby’s settings on my Prime. The tank shot below is prior to the settings so it’s not that bright anymore.

