Fish Dying all of sudden

Well everyone I found alot of stay voltage. I wet my feet and lightly touched the water and was getting shocked pretty good kinda like putting you tounge on a 9v started unplugging things to see what it was and found it was a small power head I had in the sump. No more shock. Never paid much mind to voltage before but going to get myself a voltage meter and ground probe.
 
Well everyone I found alot of stay voltage. I wet my feet and lightly touched the water and was getting shocked pretty good kinda like putting you tounge on a 9v started unplugging things to see what it was and found it was a small power head I had in the sump. No more shock. Never paid much mind to voltage before but going to get myself a voltage meter and ground probe.
I’d be surprised if that was the primary culprit but it probably didn’t help!
 
Hey guys im bout 11mnths new to saltwater fish i have a 55 long + skimmer+ i run brs carbon+gfo in reactor and have 2 powerheads- sump fish i have 2 clown 1 purple dotie back 1- watchman gobie 2- chromis 2-peppermint shrimp 2-emerald crabs 1- dragon zoa 1- mandarine 1 anenome and cleaner crew like hermit crabs- snails and so on new addition from last week are 1-sea star 1-canary blenny 4- turbo snails now recent lost canary blenny 1 day after i added to tank my anenome died next on 10-31 and now my mandarine died 11-1 all water perimeter are good. Temp 79 ph 8.0 salinity is at 1.021 i did notice mandarine slow dwn not much swimming and anenome just wasnt attached very well to rock i also notice some type of substance floating on top of water kinda like oil but today its gone..
 
Hey, its strange i have gone through a similar thing recently. However, mine have just got white spot. Can i ask as the question is going around, i lost a trigger, leopard wrasse and unfortunately a marine beta, all one after the other, how much is too much current, i have two power heads at one end of my 600L aquarium, the clowns are fine, i have a sailfin tang, royal gramma, naso tang, emperor angle and they seem ok... any ideas.... my water parameters are perfect. The tank itself is only a few weeks old but i used over 60 kg of live rock, sand, matured the water for 6 weeks, used my old water so i´m not sure either.
 
I am losing fish too. I do not believe I allowed the tank to cycle but I followed the instructions of my lfs and used Dr Tims nitrifying bacteria and added two clowns a standard ocerellis and a wyoming white the next day. I have caribSea life rock in an Octo Lux T-90 tank with Octo int 150 skimmer and sump. Both clowns are thriving and active. I added a few lps frags and a few sps and a purple sebae anemone. My parameters are:
salinity 1.025
alkalinity 7.8-8.0
phos 0
ph 8.2
calcium 320-380 low (dosing)
magnesium 1280-1320 low
nitrates 0.2 at start Now 0.5-0.8
nitrites 0 Now 0.1-0.2
Added 3 yellowtail damsels, a mandorin goby, yellow watchman, royal gramma, six line wrasse, pajama cardinal, brittle star, some macro algae, fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp and 2 peppermints And an emerald crab, hermits and snails
I lost all 3 damsels within 3 days, then the royal gramma and today the six line wrasse. Everyone else is great. What am I doing wrong?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top