Fish keep jumping out. What lid should I get Red Sea e Max 260

Oceanavekid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2017
Messages
227
Reaction score
48
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my 2nd goby jump out of my tank yesterday. I wasn’t home so he was crispy when I found him. I see clear lids kraken lids and a few others. What would you recommend for a new Red Sea e max 260

Also any recommendations for swapping the stop return nozzle. I want more directional flow
 
I have Kraken on both tanks(RS XL200, custom 80g) and the quality is on point. The custom order had me worried about fitment, but Josh knows what he's doing. You won't be disappointed going with Kraken.

For flow, look into VCA or any of the knockoffs on etsy.
 
I have Kraken on both tanks(RS XL200, custom 80g) and the quality is on point. The custom order had me worried about fitment, but Josh knows what he's doing. You won't be disappointed going with Kraken.

For flow, look into VCA or any of the knockoffs on etsy.
Did you add the feeding holes?

Seem to be reasonably priced and a lot of good reviews on them.
 
Did you add the feeding holes?

Seem to be reasonably priced and a lot of good reviews on them.
I have a kraken on my figi cube. Added feed hole and got the cup that goes in. If you get the cup you don’t need the cover for feed hole. Get the cup. Works fantastic.
 
I used clearview lids and got a pisces EXO for my waterbox, add feeding ports and customized cutouts for my light fixtures that attach to the back of the tank. Very happy with the lid, been using if for ~2 years.
 
Third dude here recommending kracken lids, great quality, my only regret is not adding a feeding hole on the other side of my 100gallon... now everyone gathers to the left LOL
 
Any idea if they make lids for the cheap 40 breeder from petco?
 
I bought the red sea one from brs and made it. Put 2 feed holes in it. Looks solid. Best of all if want some changes i can just chuck it and buy another without beatin myself up because they are relatively cheap.
 
I created my own lid using this:


I also changed the netting to black because I didn't like the clear look.

3793f268-5aaa-48de-8518-a4ffe1ce3ab1-jpeg.2341527
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top