Fish of the Day: Chocolate Suregeonfish

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
49,253
Reaction score
98,071
Seller Rating
4 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chocolate Surgeonfish, Mimic Surgeonfish / Acanthurus pyroferus

8089701375_2fa59e4238_z.jpg

image

Scientific Name - Acanthurus pyroferus

Common Name - Chocolate Surgeonfish (Mimic Surgeonfish)

Size - 9.8" (25 cm

Min. Aquarium Size - 75 US Gal. (284 L)

Foods and Feeding - Aquarium Suitability - Varied diet with mostly vegetable fare, dried and frozen herbivores foods, marine algae, Spirulina, pieces of zucchini, broccoli, leaf lettuce, sushi Nori (dried seaweed no additives) Feed 3 times a day.

Reef Compatibility - Rarely bothers corals unless underfed, Browses on filamentous micro algae and small flesh macro algae.

Captive Care - Juveniles tend to acclimate to captivity in a large tank, moderately aggressive, keep only one specimen of the same color per tank.
 
I have had one for about 2 years now... Absolutely love this guy.. such a good model citizen in the tank does nothing but swim and pick at the rocks all day..... I picked him up when he still in juvenile colors and have watched him change over time...
 
Are the Mimic Lemonpeel Tang and Mimic Halfblack Tang all the same as the Chcolate Tang? I plan on getting one of these guys but I just want to make sure I get the right fish.
 
I have had one for about 2 years now... Absolutely love this guy.. such a good model citizen in the tank does nothing but swim and pick at the rocks all day..... I picked him up when he still in juvenile colors and have watched him change over time...

That must be awesome. How much was he then if I may ask
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top