Fish of the Day: Magnificent Rabbitfish

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
49,253
Reaction score
98,071
Seller Rating
4 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Magnificent Rabbitfish / Siganus magnifica

161501.jpg



Scientific Name - Siganus magnifica

Common Name - Magnificent Rabbitfish

Size - 9.1" (23 cm )

Min. Aquarium Size - 75 US Gal. ( 284 L)

Foods and Feeding - Varied marine diets of vegetable fare, dried and frozen hergivre foods, marine algae, blue green alga Spirulina, pieces of zucchini, broccoli, leaf lettuce, sushi Nori (dried seaweed), feed min 2 times a day.

Reef Compatibility - Will browse on algae, if well fed most will ignore corals, some nip or eat large polyped species and certain soft coral polyps. Keep in a reef with caution.

Captive Care - A hardy fish, fares well in captivity, young fish will tolerate each other, adults should be kept singly or in a male / female pair, will ignore unrelated fish species, venomous spines, handle with extreme care.
 
I think I may have to order one when I move, I loved my foxface, and he was just the standard yellow! This guy would look great in that hippie nano I made, if it was a lot larger tank haha..
 
I recently got this fish and love him. It been almost a week and so far he is doing good and eating well. My Chevron tang is harassing it but he maintains his ground,hope he does not get stressed out a lot.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top