Fish (or invert) for Getting Rid of Limpets

Ever find any animal to remove them? I’m in the same boat. Thinking shrimps or crabs or trigger or bird wrasse
 
I know some predatory starfish, some predatory crabs, and some predatory birds will eat keyhole limpets (which are different than true limpets which don't have a hole at the top of their shell) - none of these are reef-safe.

Some predatory snails (such as Murex/Muricid snails) may potentially eat them as well, but I haven't been able to find any confirmation of that - these may eat other snails, clams, etc. in your tank as well though, so attempt with caution.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top