Fish stuck in transit due to bad weather

  • Thread starter Thread starter CarterJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Just watch ammonia levels depending on the QT size. I could tell with my new guys that they were settled in after 3-4 hours and i turned the lights on.
 
I've got the three fish in about 35 gallons, I have a hob filter running with a filter cartridge that spent about a month in the sump of my DT. How soon could the ammonia become a problem? I ordered two seachem ammonia alert badges, they were supposed to be here today, but I assume were delayed for the same reason as the fish.

The QT is set up in my small office/fish room. The lights are off, the blinds are closed, and the door is shut. Should I be checking in on him to monitor for anything or just leave them alone for now?
 
You should be fine until the ammonia badges arrive.

I'd make sure they are all happy and moving. If they seem to have lost some stress, you can add some light.
 
Are oxygen levels a concern? That's never appeared to be a concern in my DT, so I didn't really think about it ahead of time
 
I just use a HOB filter for my QT since my Koralia nano's magnet/prop assembly broke.
 
Well all three of them made it through the night! They are all still pretty shy, but have been swimming around the tank a little more. After about 8 o clock last night the foxface finally got back to a more normal color and started moving around some. Hopefully they can all hang in there through quarantine and make it to the DT!

Thanks so much for the help yesterday! It was a pretty roller coaster day, but having almost instead feedback on here really made it easier!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top