Fish won’t eat unless you are gone

Kruss7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2021
Messages
175
Reaction score
104
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a black tang in QT (alone) that refuses to eat if I am anywhere in the room even if I sit quietly far from the tank. Luckily I have a camera set up, when I leave the room the tang will within minutes eat the pellets, frozen etc off the bottom and absolutely inhale the nori I leave.

Has anyone else experienced a fish like this?

Should I be concerned that it might be nervous when I add it to the display with other fish? (It will be the biggest at 6”)
 
I have a black tang in QT (alone) that refuses to eat if I am anywhere in the room even if I sit quietly far from the tank. Luckily I have a camera set up, when I leave the room the tang will within minutes eat the pellets, frozen etc off the bottom and absolutely inhale the nori I leave.

Has anyone else experienced a fish like this?

Should I be concerned that it might be nervous when I add it to the display with other fish? (It will be the biggest at 6”)
I find fish behave differently in QT, seem more nervous. Ime, once added to DT with rock and other fish seem to settle. I experience the same you have with more than half of qt fish, eat after I leave the room.
 
Happened to me with my tomini. Very shy, wouldnt come out unless I was perfectly still. He’s become more bold and will eat regular food in front of me. I’ve had him 3 months and he’s only just started to eat nori with me around
 
Happened to me with my tomini. Very shy, wouldnt come out unless I was perfectly still. He’s become more bold and will eat regular food in front of me. I’ve had him 3 months and he’s only just started to eat nori with me around
Same with mine. Took him maybe a month in the DT to be out and swimming while I was around the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top