Flipping or partially shifting photoperiod to match shift work schedule?

WallaceGrover

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
16
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how detrimental it would be to flip a lighting schedule (i.e 12AM to 9AM from 12PM to 9PM, or just shifting the photoperiod up and down i.e 7PM to 4AM from 12PM to 9PM) to accommodate a couple months on days, then a couple on nights. I'm sure it's not ideal but just curious if it would be an absolute no-no.
 
Everything adapts quickly. Much of our livestock is shipped half way around the world in blacked out boxes. Many with algae problems will blackout their tanks for days. No problem at all.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top