Floaties on top of freshly mixed water.

Coffee Soundboard

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
122
Reaction score
212
Location
Bryan
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. So I’ve been using Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt for a long time. 2 out of the last 3 buckets I’ve used have left small floating particles on top of the water. The third bucket I just opened and mixed a batch last night. Not only were there particles on top of the water, but there was a small piece of soft plastic. It reminded me of a piece of water softener salt bag.
The first bucket I noticed these floaties I chalked it up to a dirty mixing container (which I then cleaned, issue persisted), or a bad batch. But now with a second bucket out of the last three I’ve used, it seems odd. I’ve never noticed any sort of floating material with previous Tropic Marin buckets, or any other salt mix.
Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
 
That’s not good. Contact Lou at tropic Marin
Some salts do have pieces of driftwood and other material in the mix but very minimal
 
That’s not good. Contact Lou at tropic Marin
Some salts do have pieces of driftwood and other material in the mix but very minimal
How would I go about contacting Lou?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top