Fluval Evo Upgrade: Sicce Synrca alternative? Or this the best pump?

saltylilthang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Messages
117
Reaction score
94
Location
Yee Yee LA
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1fd939e3-74e6-4f49-95cf-4815bfdd49e6.jpg


I purchased a used fluval evo as a little project that already came with an updated pump (Sicce Syncra 1.0 I believe) but I HATE it. It's noisy and I can hear it across the house. What pump is recommended for this sized compartment? Already a pain to put it in the back so anything smaller and stronger would be greatly appreciated! I do not have the original pump as it went dead when I went to check this tank out. New to saltwater and want to set my tank up for success!
 
Is it vibrating against something? Normally these pumps are quiet. I had one in my evo and use one for my reactor.
 
Maybe these


 
Maybe these

Thank you!!
 
I added one more (AI's DC version of the skinny pump).
Thank you I am going to look into all these! Would be nice to have a smaller pump since not even a heater wants to fix in the back (hoping to do chaeto in the second top with media and the third will have aquarium filter pads/media/chemipure)
 
Thank you I am going to look into all these! Would be nice to have a smaller pump since not even a heater wants to fix in the back (hoping to do chaeto in the second top with media and the third will have aquarium filter pads/media/chemipure)
TBH I would not put a heater in the pump section as it risks the heater running dry unless you have a heater that auto shuts off when exposed.
 
TBH I would not put a heater in the pump section as it risks the heater running dry unless you have a heater that auto shuts off when exposed.
Would I have a better chance of putting it in the middle section with future chaeto? I will be running a grow light for a few hours a day as well (on the outside). Sorry super new to this I want to do it all right!
 
Would I have a better chance of putting it in the middle section with future chaeto? I will be running a grow light for a few hours a day as well (on the outside). Sorry super new to this I want to do it all right!

I think that might be a better idea potentially. I don't think it would be an issue, especially if its a small/slim heater.
 
I think that might be a better idea potentially. I don't think it would be an issue, especially if its a small/slim heater.
Okay, I will probably remove the middle intank. I also did upgrade to a different pump, although it was just a Rio pump since my LFS did not have anything else small enough with enough GPH (Rio is 200GPH). Thank you!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top