- Joined
- Dec 18, 2021
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Ireland
- What state or country do you live in
- Other International
Hi,
Greetings from Ireland.
I’m relatively new to the marine aquarium hobby and don’t want a sump…..ever!
My 230 litre (60 gal) infinity tank is in the kitchen where we spend most of our time and we want silent running above all else. I have established a few easy fish Chromis, Baby Clowns, Red Sea Wrasse, Cardinals and I took a punt on a Scooter Dragonet. I have the tank established 6 weeks now and added a Torch, some GSP and a hammer head coral last week. Zombie, Trichus and TopShell snails are in too (6 in total)
So far, so good.
My question is…….
With a Fluvial sand and coarse sponge pre-filter running into an EHEIM 2275 with mixed media including “Biohome Ultra Marine Media and finally a JBD CristalProfi 702 (same media) feeding back through an inline heater…..am I about to revolutionise the hobby with blistering new insights into water filtration or fail miserably in a sea of family recriminations for the money spent alongside world class nitrate values. Have cleaned them every week so far.
Your thoughts please - my people of the deep blue…..
Thanks,
Petesaboy.

Greetings from Ireland.
I’m relatively new to the marine aquarium hobby and don’t want a sump…..ever!
My 230 litre (60 gal) infinity tank is in the kitchen where we spend most of our time and we want silent running above all else. I have established a few easy fish Chromis, Baby Clowns, Red Sea Wrasse, Cardinals and I took a punt on a Scooter Dragonet. I have the tank established 6 weeks now and added a Torch, some GSP and a hammer head coral last week. Zombie, Trichus and TopShell snails are in too (6 in total)
So far, so good.
My question is…….
With a Fluvial sand and coarse sponge pre-filter running into an EHEIM 2275 with mixed media including “Biohome Ultra Marine Media and finally a JBD CristalProfi 702 (same media) feeding back through an inline heater…..am I about to revolutionise the hobby with blistering new insights into water filtration or fail miserably in a sea of family recriminations for the money spent alongside world class nitrate values. Have cleaned them every week so far.
Your thoughts please - my people of the deep blue…..
Thanks,
Petesaboy.


