Freon operating pressures of Aqualogic chiller

ThaBeast

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2009
Messages
805
Reaction score
436
Location
Henderson KY
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an older ds-5-wc chiller that needed service. I found capacity of 9.5oz r134A, but do not see the operating pressures listed. Anyone have input?
 
It would depend on the metering device , temp on the room and temp on the water ......better to weigh in the charge
 
haven't used it for awhile, from an old build. Sat in shop for 3 years since it was removed from service, cools, but very low pressure on low side. don't have super accurate method of weighing in charge. charged to 30psi on low side @ 65 deg ambient (chiller is in my conditioned crawlspace) and getting a pretty good pulldown now.
 
Clear up a few thing 65° is that the crawl space temp or water temp
 
At 30 psi on the low side you should have "around 35° evaporator/cooling side" .....would be helpful to know water in/out from the chiller
 
Would also be helpful on know high side pressure
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top