Fritz rpm vs instant ocean reef crystals

Found this which is in a bucket and is almost 1 cheaper than three bags
D81C72A0-7324-463B-A67B-240B933BEBC3.png
Yep. Idk what the other person was saying about buying the bags
 
Yep. Idk what the other person was saying about buying the bags

Couple things.

1) I use a full bag when I mix salt. It's essentially pre-measured, the bucket comes in a single bag.
2) Not having to measure ALL of the salt when I mix up a batch is worth well more than $0.80 to me
3) Every subscribe and save I have gotten from amazon comes as a solid rock, because they send all their old stock out via that ordering mechanism (not how Chewy works though)
4) The purpose of my comment was that calculating price based on BRS who sells everything based on MSRP is a bad metric
5) If you really need BAGS its about $10 cheaper to buy 4 bags than it is to buy 1 box of 4 bags
 
Couple things.

1) I use a full bag when I mix salt. It's essentially pre-measured, the bucket comes in a single bag.
2) Not having to measure ALL of the salt when I mix up a batch is worth well more than $0.80 to me
3) Every subscribe and save I have gotten from amazon comes as a solid rock, because they send all their old stock out via that ordering mechanism (not how Chewy works though)
4) The purpose of my comment was that calculating price based on BRS who sells everything based on MSRP is a bad metric
5) If you really need BAGS its about $10 cheaper to buy 4 bags than it is to buy 1 box of 4 bags
Ok. I’m only doing a 40 gallon so I’m gonna get the $35 bucket.
 
I switched from reef crystals to Fritz RPM. Just do it slowly and you won't have any problems. If you dose that's even better as you can lower your parameters over time to match fritz and then make the switch.

yea I’ve been running 8.5 for a good while. Fritz just makes sense. I have to check prices though.
 
Couple things.

1) I use a full bag when I mix salt. It's essentially pre-measured, the bucket comes in a single bag.
2) Not having to measure ALL of the salt when I mix up a batch is worth well more than $0.80 to me
3) Every subscribe and save I have gotten from amazon comes as a solid rock, because they send all their old stock out via that ordering mechanism (not how Chewy works though)
4) The purpose of my comment was that calculating price based on BRS who sells everything based on MSRP is a bad metric
5) If you really need BAGS its about $10 cheaper to buy 4 bags than it is to buy 1 box of 4 bags
Of the buckets I've bought via subscribe and save, none have been old stock.
 
yea I’ve been running 8.5 for a good while. Fritz just makes sense. I have to check prices though.
The two reasons I switched were to match my parameters and the stupid brown crud the IORC left in my mixing barrel. I try to buy fritz in bulk by getting a couple boxes at a time when they are on sale to make up for the minor cost difference.
 
I switched from IO reef crystals because my ALK was up at 12 and was just to high. I use RPM Blue and have great results. I do 2 part dosing and mag to keep up the my LPS and SPS demands. I have never had issues with salinity with RPM blue. It is great salt and the price is great also.

IMG_20200906_190638.jpg
 
Ok. I’m gonna try the switch. Why not. Anyone know how long it can circulate in my mixing station? I leave my IO in there for a month or more. I do get that brown crap, but it doesn’t hurt anything supposedly.
 
Ok. I’m gonna try the switch. Why not. Anyone know how long it can circulate in my mixing station? I leave my IO in there for a month or more. I do get that brown crap, but it doesn’t hurt anything supposedly.

Idk if there is a “max” amount of time it can circulate. Should have no issue with it being a month. I personally have a smaller tank, so I make my water more ad-hoc
 
I just mix RPM Blue for what I need about 30 mins before a water change. Crystal clear and ready for the water change. I have never had any issues. I only mix 15 gals at a time. I know people say to mix longer, but like I said never had any issues and my tank looks great.
 
It’s not a matter of having to wait. My mixing station is plumbed into my sump. So there is always, almost always, saltwater in the mixing station. I guess it’s not much different than it just being in the tank all the time ‍♂️. We shall see. I highly doubt there is a storage issue.
 
It’s not a matter of having to wait. My mixing station is plumbed into my sump. So there is always, almost always, saltwater in the mixing station. I guess it’s not much different than it just being in the tank all the time ‍♂. We shall see. I highly doubt there is a storage issue.
I wish I could just pump to my sump, can't with the location in my house. Just gotta keep doing it the way i am now. Good thing is I can do a 10% water change in 30 mins or less.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top