• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Reef Dynamics INS 180E Protein Skimmer w/ Extras!

i had this same skimmer years ago and its one of the best skimmer I've ever used. The reef dynamic company went out of business a few years ago so you wont be able to find much support /or replacement parts.
it's a very good skimmer but I think your price is way way too over price for a used skimmer. Heck the company that makes this skimmer dont exists any more.
good luck with the sale

You can still get any part you will need for this skimmer. The Original pump sucked and always made all kinds of noise. They upgraded it to the Eheim pumps. You can get whatever you need here... https://aquariumsource.com/t/reef-dynamics-replacement-parts :)
 
You can still get parts via several avenues and a couple manufacturers make pumps that will hook directly to skimmer so was over 800 new I think it’s a great skimmer have one myself so price is what someone will pay for it I sold the smaller version for 275 so
 
No I hadn't thought about ebay @Reefster! Thanks!

ifarmer, thank you for your comment. IMO support isn't needed as the skimmer is fine...no replacement parts are needed on the skimmer...the price is mainly on the 2 pumps, specifically paired with the skimmer. The 2 pumps are basically a half-life as compared to those who never change out their pumps. A member stated he bought a used pump for his skimmer at $200 or so. Another said he had to buy a new pump. Overpriced? IIMO, I really don't think so with everything and free shipping. Others tend to agree.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top