FTS growth progress of my SPS

Mr_anderson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2013
Messages
24
Reaction score
17
Location
Dallas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sharing some FTS of the SPS growth in my tank. The pictures were taken with an Iphone so just enjoy the growth :):)

March 2016
3-2016.JPG



April 2016
4-2016.JPG



June 2016
6-2016.JPG



July 2016
7-2016.JPG



August 2016
8-2016.JPG
 
Last edited:
Wonderfull! Now tell me your secret;)
Just sharing some FTS of the SPS growth in my tank. The pictures were taken with an Iphone so just enjoy the growth :):)

March 2016
3-2016.JPG



April 2016
4-2016.JPG



June 2016
6-2016.JPG



July 2016
7-2016.JPG



August 2016
8-2016.JPG
 
Well dang that is pretty impressive. Is that an Efflo in the back, behind what looks like a Pink Lemonade?

What lighting type?

Thank you. Yes, you have very good eyes. Yes that's a pink lemonade and yes it's a purple efflo. i'm running metal 2x250w reeflux 12K halides and 2x54 T5 blue+. 12 hours of T5 and 6.5 hours halides.
 
What type of Calcium/Alkalinity dosing do you use? I just picked up a new tank this week and sps will be the plan. I've been told to use a BRS 2 part dosing unit and kalk through my ATO. A memeber Swannyson7 had some amazing growth using this method. Link below.


https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-techniques-for-growing-sps.71315/


That's exactly what I'm doing. I use 2 part from BRS with magnesium. My ATO has kalkwaser. Might transition to a Ca Rx soon. The tank takes 115mL of Alk and Ca per day.
 
Thanks everyone for the replies! my system is very basic:

Tank is DSA Neo105 rimless
Lighting 2x250 watt MH reeflux 12k w/2x54 watt blue plus.
Flow is 2xMP40wes on reefcrest 100%
Skimmer is Euroreef RS180
Controller is DA lite
Dose using Bubblemagnus with BRS 2/3 part
Alk 8-8.5, Ca 420-480, Mg 1200-1300
Water changes every 4-6 weeks (15 gallons)
ATO with kalkwasser

I try to keep my hands out of the tank when possible (it's so difficult ). I feed pellets, flake, nori, and brine. That's pretty much it
 
Last edited:
Metal Halides for the win.

When I first setup the tank about 1 1/2 years ago, the tank was lit with 2xhydra 52 only. The color was awesome but growth was just so so. I really needed 1 or 2 more hydra52s but didn't want to fork out another $1K. A local reef member was selling the halide system for dirt cheap so I jumped on it and never looked back. I'm not bias on lighting or trying to favor any lighting technology. For me, it was cheaper up front cost. I'm thinking really hard about going to an LEDs with T5 hybrid.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top