Garage PVC Sheet Enclosure for Frage Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter DP REEF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

DP REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2014
Messages
32
Reaction score
32
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to build a 4 (L) x 2 (D) x 3 (H) enclosure and wrapping insulation around it. I would then only have a 50 gallon tank inside of it. I also will be directly connected to main 150G tank inside the house w/ a chiller added.

Its a garage in Houston, TX so the room can get to 100F+. Building an entire room is not an option so the enclsure is being made to fit on an industrial shelf. I am also going to put an a removable sheet in the front with small viewing windows.

What thickness PVC sheet? 1" or can I go thinner. Asked for a quote and it was $600 for the sheets and cutting them.
 
Im a coroplast fan! Cheap, easy to cut, and comes in many colors, also there is a UV black. It has some insulation since it is like cardboard.
Not sure this is the route you are looking for, but it is light weight so removable would be a snap.

IMG_20170306_200528.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top