Gen 5 radion blue xr30 with t5s

AlwaysHatingNathan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2019
Messages
132
Reaction score
66
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the t5 hybrid fixture with the gen 5 radion as stated. One friend mine who been in hobby long time said I shouldn’t worry about doing t5 with that light cause it’s so strong you should be able grow anything with just that. But I do love the t5 I have always had better luck growing with them and would love try use both them (since I already have fixture for it). So what bulb combo do you all think I should run with the radion? And what setting should I run radion on? I figure max out the uv, violet, royal, blue and cyan and barely do any the colors at all, right now bulbs I have I think are actinic, 2x blue plus, and I think a coral plus if I’m not mistaken. But what are thoughts on this? I’m still in acclimation period for my radion slowly cranking it up.
 
I have the 4 ft aquatic life hybrid with 3 G5 XR15 Blue on the RSR525, 5 ft tank, currently 3 ATI Blue+ and 1 Actinic. With the Radions at 100% I measure at the sand bed a bit over 200 PAR; midway down 300-350 PAR; just below water level close to 600 PAR. Without the T5s, about 100 PAR less midway down. I also have the diffusers on the Radions, costs 5-10 PAR.
I have to look to see if the T5s are still on; the radion coverage is very good.
Any bulb combo will work, this combo is a bit blue.
I already have the aquatic life, figured I would still use it. I suspected from the BRS data 3 Radions would work. The only real issue I have with the T5s is heat.
 
I have the 4 ft aquatic life hybrid with 3 G5 XR15 Blue on the RSR525, 5 ft tank, currently 3 ATI Blue+ and 1 Actinic. With the Radions at 100% I measure at the sand bed a bit over 200 PAR; midway down 300-350 PAR; just below water level close to 600 PAR. Without the T5s, about 100 PAR less midway down. I also have the diffusers on the Radions, costs 5-10 PAR.
I have to look to see if the T5s are still on; the radion coverage is very good.
Any bulb combo will work, this combo is a bit blue.
I already have the aquatic life, figured I would still use it. I suspected from the BRS data 3 Radions would work. The only real issue I have with the T5s is heat.
nice what levels do you run on your radion?
 
100%
They are the blues so all channels driven for these measurements.
About 8 inches above the water level.
 
Very interesting.. i prefer what e so have aquaticlife 4 t5 54watt with 2g5 xr30
Bulbi are 3 Coral plus and 1 purple..
radion 100 all blue cw and ww 20 % intrnditi in peaks 65 %.. what do you think in terms of par.. ?I m alway scared to overlighing
 
i have the 6 G5 pros running the AB+ schedule with 4 T-5s and love the color. I run 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus. The G5s are still in acclimation mode so only about 40 percent i think.
 
Blue plus bulbs and whiter Leds will give you more shimmer. Bluer LEDs mixed with blue plus and a coral plus will give better "pop".
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top