Getting my feet wet again after 25yrs

Freestyler

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2017
Messages
27
Reaction score
11
Location
Manchester, England, UK
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
I am new to the reef life but not new to aquariums. Just a short break of 25 year's whilst serving in the Forces and never staying in one place long enough to be able to enjoy an aquarium. I went out to buy a couple of gold fish about 6 weeks ago and came home with a large hole in my pocket and a great little reef setup. I seem to be doing most things right thanks to groups and forums like this and the wonders of Google but I have drawn a blank on this weird looking bug sucking the glass so I hope someone can identify it. I didn't know if it was good or bad so I fished it out and ended up squashing it but took some pics first and I also noticed 100s of minute white bugs on the glass so I brushed them off too. I have already forgot how to post the pics so that will come next. Thanks for your patience.
 
Welcome to R2R and thank for your service.

Hit upload file, and up load your picture than hit post.
 
Hi All
I am new to the reef life but not new to aquariums. Just a short break of 25 year's whilst serving in the Forces and never staying in one place long enough to be able to enjoy an aquarium. I went out to buy a couple of gold fish about 6 weeks ago and came home with a large hole in my pocket and a great little reef setup. I seem to be doing most things right thanks to groups and forums like this and the wonders of Google but I have drawn a blank on this weird looking bug sucking the glass so I hope someone can identify it. I didn't know if it was good or bad so I fished it out and ended up squashing it but took some pics first and I also noticed 100s of minute white bugs on the glass so I brushed them off too. I have already forgot how to post the pics so that will come next. Thanks for your patience.
sounds like copepods which are in almost every reef aquarium and mean you are starting off right! They are beneficial so you can just let them do their thing. Once you get fish and livestock they will eat them. Thats what it sounds like but i cant be sure without a picture
 
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top