GHL at Reefapalooza NY 2019

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

After seeing and talking to the GHL guys at RAP. I'm not sold on it.

I have 2 friends that have nothing but problems with their 2.1 doser(pump heads needed replaced, motors needed to be replaced, pump lines replaced, and this was all brand new out of the box). Yes I realize many other companies have one off's with problems, but after seeing the size of their power bars, I have decided to stay with neptune.

My biggest complaint is the power bar. Come on its twice the size of an EB with half the plugs! I have 3 EB8's on my system(24 outlets), I would need 4 of those huge power bars! And they would take up about three times the space as an EB. And that would not eliminate the clutter of wires, but contribute more to them.
Which power strip that had 1/2 of the eb? All ghl power have double the spec and reliability of the eb, Just open specs of both and compare...
 
I already told @Ditto I owe him a beer for all the GHL info, I guess I'd have to upgrade that for @Ohashimz sharing the code!
Pretty sure @Ditto will be getting more drink of choice after the help of hooking up all my equip and then programming. Ahaha.


I would totally buy a kh director. But I wont need it for atleast a year of getting tank going. Until then manual test and using 2.1 doser. But the ion and kh will probably be bought together in in next year or 2.

I'm way ahead of myself with this ghl equip. I need to fill my dang tank up!
 
Any new News on future offerings ....ION?
 
Any new News on future offerings ....ION?
The ptc2 heat/cool fine piece.

I was hoping for a auto feeder to compete with apex but sounds like that didnt come out. I think ditto would have posted it. .not sure about more news on ion. They asked for ideas on what we the people want it to tes . I think that wont be ready for awhile or atleast take a while to know exactly what the testing will be
 
I think GHL at one time was considering a cheaper, smaller powerbar, with 8 outlets. In the end I assume the 6e is their answer to that. I feel like if they could make it smaller and still meet their standards, they would. It does no one any good when they burn up outlets from a heater or light or something else. Also, the spacing is neccessary for wall warts/power supplies. Bottom line, they don't make them giganitc just for the heck of it. The good thing is you can plug anything into any outlet without worry, including another powerstrip running 6 different leds if need be! Safety over form factor wins in my book, but I understand some setups it just doesn't work well.

All the other equipment is nice to not have a ton of modules and can stack on top of eachother! So there is that, to save some space!

Thanks @Ditto for the rap updates!
 
I think GHL at one time was considering a cheaper, smaller powerbar, with 8 outlets. In the end I assume the 6e is their answer to that. I feel like if they could make it smaller and still meet their standards, they would. It does no one any good when they burn up outlets from a heater or light or something else. Also, the spacing is neccessary for wall warts/power supplies. Bottom line, they don't make them giganitc just for the heck of it. The good thing is you can plug anything into any outlet without worry, including another powerstrip running 6 different leds if need be! Safety over form factor wins in my book, but I understand some setups it just doesn't work well.

All the other equipment is nice to not have a ton of modules and can stack on top of eachother! So there is that, to save some space!

Thanks @Ditto for the rap updates!
Agreed,
I used to lose 2 outlets on my old apex because some of the equipment transformers would take space and eat from the next outlet. It was pain..
 
The ptc2 heat/cool fine piece.

I was hoping for a auto feeder to compete with apex but sounds like that didnt come out. I think ditto would have posted it. .not sure about more news on ion. They asked for ideas on what we the people want it to tes . I think that wont be ready for awhile or atleast take a while to know exactly what the testing will be
They wont do the cheap drum feeder if they do. They'll do more line or bar feeder style.
 
They wont do the cheap drum feeder if they do. They'll do more line or bar feeder style.
Not sure what style that i . But doesnt matter I was hoping to have one be announced I dont wanna buy a $400 lid without a feeder area. Then have them come out with one. Haha
 
They wont do the cheap drum feeder if they do. They'll do more line or bar feeder style.
auger feed is more precise
1173350.jpg
 
auger feed is more precise
1173350.jpg
Lol. That's what I typed. Auger. ( note to autocorrect) auger auger. Dummy. Augers style is not line and bar. Why you hurt me like that mr. autocorrect??
 
Like this bad boy?

I think they are focused on the ION and the more "important" devices to keep up with the market.

I agree and would like for them to build one, but as later on priority scale.
KWE_5500_Side_Shot_sml_330142646_large1.jpeg
 
Like this bad boy?

I think they are focused on the ION and the more "important" devices to keep up with the market.

I agree and would like for them to build one, but as later on priority scale.
KWE_5500_Side_Shot_sml_330142646_large1.jpeg


Hahaha huge stainless arm next to your tan . Classic
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top