Ghl profilux 4 Auto water change with maxi doser

Craig Whittington

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

as per title really I’m stuck with trying to set my ghl maxi doser to do a water change can any one help me?? I’ve watched the YouTube videos but it refers to using separate pumps?
 
Following along ( getting one soon myself!)
 
@Craig Whittington check out this thread for screenshots of the Maxi. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/doing-a-awc-with-maxi-along-with-running-tunze-3155.674687/

GHL considers each dosing head as a separate pump so on a Maxi, head 1 would be pump 1 adding water and head 2 would be pump 2 removing water.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks for the link. I’ll go check it out now..... do I still follow the ghl video as I would but when it tells me to go to switch control I go to dosing pumps instead?
 
Below is a two sensor water change, are you doing a one or two sensor or are you going to use timers to do your water change?

You need to go to level control and if using a sensors select the sensors your going to use for the water change for me it was sensor 4 and 5. And also assign a timer to the water change which is when you want the water change to take place. Also set a max time this the maximum amount of time the water change can take.
AWC1.png


Your maxi has two heads, decided which head is going to pull water and apply a switch channel to it and label it . In my example I made it switch channel 37.

AWC2.png


Go to the one that will be used to add Saltwater and tie it to another switch outlet (mine below is 38)


AWC3.png


I disabled monitoring but if you wish to monitor the amount of water you are draining you would not select the Switch off level monitoring.

On switch channel 37 which you configured above which is to pull the water from the tank and say drain water and the overall function you used for your water change to take place for me it was function 5. How you determine which function is when you set up your sensors you choose one of the functions to apply the sensors on for the water change that is the number you choose here.

AWC4.png


If your not sure go back and look at the one you have programmed for your AWC


AWC5.png


Go to Switch Channel 38 and Program the Switch Outlet for Fill Water and program it to be the function you used in the AWC level sensor. For me it was 5

AWC6.png


Save your Config

With this done, You should be able to hit the start warterch. button in the Level Sensors section by highlighting the Water change function.


AWC7.png


You should then see a water change begin.

When that works, and you have the amount of water you want to remove which means you may need to adjust the sensors to take the amount you wish, you then program the timer which in mine was 2 which would be the timers you use to do the water change.

if people have ATO for example with a tunze you may want your Tunze off while the water change takes place. You would need to Program an Advance Logic like the one below and apply it to your outlet that the Tunze is plugged in. This will leave it on unless the Water Change and the function number I used for the water change which was 5.


AWC8.png



The above was an example I helped someone configure in PM.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top