Gigantea in 63.5° water?

dylana407

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
977
Reaction score
879
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this week I received a shipment of 2 small giganteas. FedEx didn't deliver it until 2pm. When I transferred the anemones to my acclimation container, I noticed the water was icy cold. My probe shows the temperature was 63.5° [emoji50]
99087f232095346be45ef6aee333ec1b.jpg
 
Miraculously, they showed some life after temperature acclimation. Four days and 3 rounds of cipro later, the blue has lost 60% of its zoo and very bleached. The purple still looks purple. However when it deflated, it looks dead. When they inflate, they look very promising....


43b9a1118f5ebf7fe214aea8bb5bed8e.jpg
4cd144885911395287b0dfbff37fb04f.jpg
 
Miraculously, they showed some life after temperature acclimation. Four days and 3 rounds of cipro later, the blue has lost 60% of its zoo and very bleached. The purple still looks purple. However when it deflated, it looks dead. When they inflate, they look very promising....


43b9a1118f5ebf7fe214aea8bb5bed8e.jpg
4cd144885911395287b0dfbff37fb04f.jpg
Oh man! I am sorry about your nems!!!!! I hope the pull through for you!!!! [emoji16]
 
I have a blue haddoni I have had several years....I won't even consider a tank upgrade because I would be devastated if something happened to him! That pic was from last year....my blues were on at night so he has a purplish tint.
0897509bef9dde2116849649b54402ae.jpg
 
I have a blue haddoni I have had several years....I won't even consider a tank upgrade because I would be devastated if something happened to him! That pic was from last year....my blues were on at night so he has a purplish tint.
0897509bef9dde2116849649b54402ae.jpg
pretty haddoni. A blue Haddon is on my list. But I will need to upgrade my tank
 
I think they can bounce back from that swing.

Pretty find, hope they work out for you, post pics along the way.
 
Man I hope they pull through. I have a blue haddoni I've had for over a year now. I couldn't imagine if anything happened to it... it caused my system to crash but its still my favorite thing in my reef :) they look strong hopefully they will be fine
 
Wow! I wish you the best. I have been trying to find one near me for about 6 months. No dice.
Who did you buy them from?

I got a mag from reef lounge USA that I think is still near your area, and they had lots of anemone's.

There's another place in Gardena, think it was on artesia, maybe google search, but they got a lot of nice anemone's as well.

I'm curious how these are looking today.
 
I got a mag from reef lounge USA that I think is still near your area, and they had lots of anemone's.

There's another place in Gardena, think it was on artesia, maybe google search, but they got a lot of nice anemone's as well.

I'm curious how these are looking today.
Thanks!
 
Day 7, 6 doses of cipro.
They were both inflated yesterday and today morning. They slightly deflated last night, but recovered in less than an hour. While they are not out of the woods yet, but all signs are good.

My problem is I'm leaving town Thursday and my parents don't know how to take care of it. Not sure what I'm going to do. Should I go ahead and put them into the DT on Thursday morning?

I'm working from home today to observe their condition. Hopefully they don't deflated.
 
That's a tough one, since they are still deflating.
I suppose if you went w/out deflation from now till then maybe, but if it's not completely resolved it could be a bigger headache later.
How long gone for?
 
That's a tough one, since they are still deflating.
I suppose if you went w/out deflation from now till then maybe, but if it's not completely resolved it could be a bigger headache later.
How long gone for?
7 days
 
eek, I'd want to be observing when they are new to display.

If your display is established it would be a bummer for them to mush or float around w/out anyone there that knows what's going on.

I'd be inclined to keep in QT even if you stopped treatment I think, or see if you can get a friend to help continue
 
eek, I'd want to be observing when they are new to display.

If your display is established it would be a bummer for them to mush or float around w/out anyone there that knows what's going on.

I'd be inclined to keep in QT even if you stopped treatment I think, or see if you can get a friend to help continue
I can keep them in this in the DT
d29840373b90e5a23d7e2617092c99c0.jpg
ec98f87e9fe0a2ee88bd6c381fbeae0b.jpg
 
There should be enough light, but flow will be limited.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top