Give your testing equipment a spotless life: Do you ever clean or replace your testing vials?

Do you ever clean or replace your testing vials?

  • Yes, I replace them regularly.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't replace them often, but I do deeply clean them regularly.

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I don't replace or clean them regularly.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rinse them out and keep using them.

    Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Other.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
21,631
Reaction score
165,374
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give your testing equipment a spotless life: Do you ever clean or replace your testing vials?

We often discuss the importance of testing water parameters, what the proper levels those parameters should be, and talk about what the best water tests may be. Whether you test with manual test kits, digital test kits (such as the Hanna checkers), or with an automated system, please let us know how you care for your test equipment. Specifically, do you ever clean or replace your testing containers? Whether you refer to them as cuvettes, vials, containers, or something else, let us know how you maintain them!

Islandstonashville_Testing.jpeg

Photo by @islandstonashville


This QOTD is sponsored by: www.deltecdirectusa.com

Deltec_Logo.png


“With dozens of protein skimmers, calcium reactors, media reactors and kalkwasser stirrers in operation, Deltec USA can speak from experience and help you with all your Deltec needs. Live customer support and a large inventory of products rounds out our mission to provide the best possible Deltec experience.”
 
I wash them with RO water (my drinking tap not RODI) and keep them filled with the water until next use. This prevents buildup of chemicals from when they dry out.
 
I just bought new ones for my Milwaukee low range Phosphate Photometer after many years.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top