Giving this guy a chance. Fingers crossed

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
1,178
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went to Petco since I was in need of a small pump and saw this little guy Ruby red in one of their tanks. Super skinny. I figured he’s better off with me so I am going to try and get him back to healthy with white worms and frozen food. Hope he pulls through

36C069E4-0762-4BF6-9045-0E4049021F2A.jpeg 43ACA401-1DDD-4204-87AC-7E1260F55F4D.jpeg
 
Not worried about that plenty. I’m gonna see if I can train him into eating white worms and frozen foods. I couldn’t leave him at Petco he has a better chance with me. I have no wrasses in my tank but I do have a fat Mandarin but he eats frozen food and my white worms every day
 
He now has a fighting chance at least. Their tanks were pathetic. When I saw it there was no tag so I told her they have a scooter Blenny tag for 19.00. Girl told me it could be a red devil damsel which was 9.00 but I couldn’t. She had the manager come and she gave it to me for 19.00 which was the price of a regular scooter Blenny
 
Good luck, ruby reds transition well to frozen if you can keep it alive for a bit.....

Darren
 
Just went to Petco since I was in need of a small pump and saw this little guy Ruby red in one of their tanks. Super skinny. I figured he’s better off with me so I am going to try and get him back to healthy with white worms and frozen food. Hope he pulls through

36C069E4-0762-4BF6-9045-0E4049021F2A.jpeg 43ACA401-1DDD-4204-87AC-7E1260F55F4D.jpeg
How do you train them to eat frozen food?
 
Good luck! I love me some dragonets but I've heard once they're skinny it's hard to bring them back. Too many fish stores (chain and family owned) have no clue how to care for a lot of what they sell and then the people buying them have no clue what they bought. I stopped Petco from selling an Oscar to a family buying a 5 gallon tank once.
 
Good luck! I love me some dragonets but I've heard once they're skinny it's hard to bring them back. Too many fish stores (chain and family owned) have no clue how to care for a lot of what they sell and then the people buying them have no clue what they bought. I stopped Petco from selling an Oscar to a family buying a 5 gallon tank once.
I hope not but for 19.00 he’s better off with me than stuck in their tank starving to death
 
Yesterday, I had the same experience. Saw a cute red dragonet starving in the local LFS. I was all set to save him but saw another fish in the same tank with health issues. Felt sorry but left him there.
 
Good luck, I would put grubby rubble in the box with a pod population to graze, if they stop pecking and feeding it is very hard to get them to eat again.
Once you let it loose in the display watch your mandarin like a hawk.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top