Glass cleaning near Silicon - any safe tool?

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2021
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
2,275
Location
Switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

My normal glass clean tool (Floaty or whats it called) is pretty ok. But I have problems cleaning/scraping my glass near the silicon. So, all the Edges are full of green stuff and coraline algae.

Is there and safe scraping tool to get it so fresh and so clean clean?

Cheers!
 
Hey guys

My normal glass clean tool (Floaty or whats it called) is pretty ok. But I have problems cleaning/scraping my glass near the silicon. So, all the Edges are full of green stuff and coraline algae.

Is there and safe scraping tool to get it so fresh and so clean clean?

Cheers!
I use a Flipper and the metal scraper seems to be particularly good for getting the hard to reach corners. Ive also ordered a Tunze care because I’ve already seen a few very small scratches from sand getting caught in the flipper. From what I’ve seen, the Tunze care is probably the safest option I just don’t know how well it works yet. It’s coming in today. I’ve heard good things.
 
Yeah thats what I also try to do. However, some local guy recommended this tool called JBL Blanki

Ever heard of it?

It should be awesome for the corners though.
 
Yeah thats what I also try to do. However, some local guy recommended this tool called JBL Blanki

Ever heard of it?

It should be awesome for the corners though.
Using a melamine sponge (magic eraser) is usually pretty good at removing algae, that's what I use.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top