Glass lid or Canopy to limit evaporation

DarkTonio

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
40
Reaction score
52
Location
Monaco
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers. I searched the forum but I could not find a specific answer to my interrogation.

i live in a pretty small condo and I would like to limit the evaporation to avoid increasing too much the humidity and moister in my home.

i know the drawbacks of closed aquarium and especially glass/plexi lid (heat, lower par, gaz exchange...) but as far as evaporation only is concerned, what would you say would be the most effective to limit evaporation : glass lid or canopy ?

thanks!
 
I have glass lids ( my tank takes 3) , if I leave them open I have huge evaporation, closed is minimal.

I hate cleaning them every week.
 
I run a dehumidifier every day . Kind of seams pointless in terms of thinking of the amount of water just to top up and remove it from the air .
Without the dehumidifier running after a few days it will reach 90%
Practically raining inside lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top