Going from China boxes to T5s tomorrow

iLLwiLL

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
164
Reaction score
84
Location
Central FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a pretty good deal on Craigslist last week for an aquatic life 6 bulb t5 fixture that came with a ecoxotic panorama blue LED strip. Ordered 2 ati blue plus, 2 ati true actinics, a purple plus and a coral plus, didn't even bother trying it over my tank with the bulbs it came with.

Currently in the 75, all I have is a couple RBTAs, some decent sized euphillas, leathers, and a big orange cap. Will I need to acclimate them? Anyone got any insight as to what order I should install the ati bulbs? Should the first 2 bulbs to fire be both actinics, a blue plus and an actinic, or both blue plus?

Thanks!
 
How many watts do your current leds put out and high are they mounted above water level?
How deep is the tank? A pic would help. ;)
I run an 8 tube hybrid that has the tubes in pairs, 1 = outside pair, 4 = inside pair.
All ATI tubes.
I have never tried actinics as it never appealed to me as a light I liked but my leds do supplement it into the mix.
Your coral plus will be your "stronger" light.
I have a mix of 2 coral plus, 4 blue plus and 2 purple plus.
It is almost a question of taste as to how you like the light and the only thing I would say is don't put the coral plus on the outside unless you like a bright look from the front, I have mine on pair 2 and 3 to concentrate them over my sps areas.
Hope that helps a bit.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top