Going out of town; feeding?

Mstanker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2014
Messages
687
Reaction score
12
Location
Mississippi/Memphis,tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ill be heading out of town soon, I will have someone come over and feed the tank once at day. Do you think my fish will be able to handle this? Also should i add a algae clip to my tank while im gone. For my ATO i set up a dip system where there is 16 cups of water or 1 gallon replaced a day. Just dont know if my fish can handle the once a day feeding.

FISH:

clowns x2
3 chrom
1 goby
 
How long are you going to be gone?

For a weekend, I don't worry about my tanks.

What size tank?
 
I agree; if it's just the weekend don't sweat it. If it's longer once a day is fine.
 
Of course not meaning that this should be a regular feeding schedule, but if it's a once in a while type of thing they should be fine.
 
it's always a little nerve wracking to leave our tanks - one thing I know that happens (unfortunately been there), is to make sure the tank sitter doesn't overfeed. I know fish always seem to be hungry no matter how many times they get fed and nontank people tend to overfeed - not meaning to. I would just be really explicit about how much to feed once a day. I wouldn't put any algae on a clip - most likely won't get eaten (your current fish are more meat eaters) and then can dirty up the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top