Gold Assessor and Royal Gramma together?

Would a Gold Assessor and Royal Gramma be OK together in a 55 gal tank?

  • Yes

    Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Depends on...(please leave details in comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

DT Prime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2016
Messages
306
Reaction score
153
Location
SF Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Hoping to get my first fish in the near future and wanted to get some impartial advice! I asked my LFS if they could get a Gold Assessor Basslet and told them if not I'd take a Royal Gramma. Turns out they got both in today. They are going to QT there for a while and he said I could take both if I wanted, which I totally would except I figured they would be too similar (aside from coloration) and be aggressive with each other, hence why I didn't ask for both originally. I'm not sure if he's QT'ing them literally together, but if they are I'm assuming that would help? They would also be the first fish in the tank which is a 55gal with 60lbs of rock. Once I receive a lid I would also like to add at least a pink bar goby w/tiger shrimp and a pair of fairy/flasher wrasse, if that changes the answer at all.

Can anybody comment on if they've kept them together before or offer some more educated opinions than mine? I will see them next week either way but wanted to get an idea before I go in if possible, if there's any other helpful information I can provide please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
 
I have both in my 120. They are fine with each other and hang out in the same half of the tank. I had one of each many years ago, also in the 120, and they were fine in that instance also.

Based on my two experiences I think you will be fine.
 
I also had those two in my 120 , never any problems with aggression, i say go ahead and get them.
 
I have both in my 120. They are fine with each other and hang out in the same half of the tank. I had one of each many years ago, also in the 120, and they were fine in that instance also.

Based on my two experiences I think you will be fine.

I also had those two in my 120 , never any problems with aggression, i say go ahead and get them.

I have kept both in a 54 corner tank, and have seen them kept together often.

Awesome sounds promising, thanks for the feedback!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top