Good parameters-heavy cyano- dosed chemiclean yesterday.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Heehee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Heehee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Location
Pensacola
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters
1.026
Nitrate 5-10
Po4 0.03
Alk 8.1
Cal 4.2
Mg around 1350.
i use carbon, skimmer, fuge.
I just can't get rid of the cyano so I began chemiclean.
I think my po4 or no3 is getting false readings due to the cyano using the nutrients.
Hopefully the chemiclean will kill the cyano, but I'm worried about new algae growth.
Any advice?
 
I would follow the direction on the Chemiclean to the letter. I have used it with varying results multiple times. I always add a couple of air stones in my return chamber to oxygenate the water. Gets a ton of bubbles in the DT but I have not lost any livestock doing it this way. Good luck with cyano it can be a real pain.
 
i just got rid of mine, 3 day black out to starve any other algae out as well... my water was causing it. i use ro/di now and have no problems
if you have a skimmer take cup off and let it bubble over for oxygen for water
 
how many gallons is this tank
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top