Got lazy....Should have made my own SW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ebone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Ebone

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2014
Messages
648
Reaction score
296
Location
Wilmington NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a little slack on making water so when it came time to do my water change I was like hey I have to pass the lfs... so I brought my containers and purchased some from the LFS because I didn't feel like making any SW... purchased some RO too.... did my water change.... fill my top off.... now BOOOOOOOM!!!! Diatoms out the wazoo! So I tested the remainder of the RO 8 TDS!!!!!... that is what I get for not using my own RODI and making my own SW... or for not testing theirs... Looks like my CUC will eat well for a few a bit :-(
 
Oh man...that sucks! You should let the lfs know that they are selling bad water! Maybe someone forgot to replace the filters and they aren't aware. Hope your issues clear up soon!
 
I'm surprised to hear a LFS has water as low as 8ppm. Most of the places around here use hobbiest-grade units that are grossly undersized for the application.
 
8ppm is actually on the good side... I recently moved and haven't been able to set up the rodi unit. I went to test my local fish stores water the other day.... 98ppm
 
well dang, maybe I got lucky and learned a "cheap" lesson in the grand scheme
 
8ppm is actually on the good side... I recently moved and haven't been able to set up the rodi unit. I went to test my local fish stores water the other day.... 98ppm

This is more in stride with the stores in my area.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top