Got my fresh food autofeeder working today :).

Such a great idea!! Love it. Still using this and still working great??
 
Yes...very much so. I am using it to dose coral vitamins too. There are a couple small modifications to the original design in the way I secure the tubing - also adding a clear line to wash out the tubing periodically.
 
Hi, Is this still in use? Any update recommendations from your experiences over the past year?

Thanks
Darren
 
Thanks for the update, I am going to give this a shot on my new build. Thanks for sharing and great concept.

Darren
Let me know if you have questions. Be sure to find the right refrigerator and you make a clear out line in the tube manifold that you run salt water through periodically.
 
Will do, if you had a refrigerator recommendation let me know….I am building from scratch so I don’t have any equipment on hand so any recommendations I will go with……

Thanks
Darren
 
Will do, if you had a refrigerator recommendation let me know….I am building from scratch so I don’t have any equipment on hand so any recommendations I will go with……

Thanks
Darren
  • Refrigerator - Danby 1.7Cu Ft. Danby Frig - Price has gone up quite a bit on this refrigerator since I made mine. This refrigerator (no freezer) has the small shelf at the top and most of the new ones don't appear to have this 2nd shelf. I don't know why they are so expensive other than because of the supply chain issues.
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
  • Refrigerator - Danby 1.7Cu Ft. Danby Frig - Price has gone up quite a bit on this refrigerator since I made mine. This refrigerator (no freezer) has the small shelf at the top and most of the new ones don't appear to have this 2nd shelf. I don't know why they are so expensive other than because of the supply chain issues.
Hello I’ve just built a system like this before I did a search and wanted to ask you a question. I decided to use brs 50ml a min dosers but after them being in fridge for week or so they stopped working. Have you had any trouble with the actual doser unit being to cold and not working? I can’t find any info on this but I was assuming brs doser would be fine if not frozen
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey! I'm working on setting up a refrigerated doser for filter feeders/nps. I don't have a sump, so I will be running the line to the back of the tank. I'll be dosing phyto, roti feast, oyster feast, and PNS yellow sno. I'm curious if you think it would work to connect the four lines from the foods into a single line to run up to the top of the tank? I can't think of any downfalls to this if I stagger the dosing of each type of food. I would just rather have only one line coming over the top of the tank to keep it clean. I haven't used a doser before since both my tanks are nanos, and I keep them stable with water changes.

How do you keep the lines from fouling? Can you program most dosers to purge the lines? I use a doser for my ATO as well, so I could connect the ato line to the food line to flush it out?

Thanks for any advice or pointers you have!
 
The food in the common tube can spoil if it is intended to be refrigerated. One option could be to have one dose line to be simply tank water or fresh salt water and then run that pump until the common line is clear of food. Be sure the line is on the end of the manifold so that it clears everything out.
 
So, I would have to use one of the channels for the ATO/tank water, rather than use all four channels for food? Re: Manifold? What I was going to do was put a four channel doser in the fridge with the four food bottles, connect those tubes to the single line inside the fridge, and add the ATO line (on a separate doser) just as the feed tube exits the fridge. Am I missing something that would cause food to spoil with that plan? Plumbing is REALLY not my strong suit.
 
Hey Scott!

I've been running a similar rig for about 3 months now - 2 Apex Dos Pumps (4 dosers total) that automatically feeds Mysis-Feast, Arcti-Pods, Oyster-Feast, and Phyto-Feast. Each pump drops in 7.7ml a day, so about 30ml of goodness total (plus an auto pellet feeder for fish).

Since setting this thing up, one issue I've been patiently dealing with is a massive phosphate bump. We're talking .1 to .2 per week.

I have been using various methods to decrease it but I'm now at the point where I am circling back and looking at decreasing my food dosing. Would love to hear more about your experience on this front!
 
Reviving old thread but…. I noticed the Venturi has a spring inside, ever notice if it rusts?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top