Green legged hermit with eyes sticking out?

Powahfull

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2021
Messages
67
Reaction score
37
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was getting my water for my weekly water change at the local coral shop I asked what the heck is that he said he was doing matienance on a customers tank and saw it no one knew what it was and green legged hermit crab in salt water didn't turn up a good search results.

I don't have any corals yet so the guy gave it to me for a dollar. Anyone have a clue what it is? I have reg legged hermits when they move their legs are up and down like walking this guy appears to be turtle like and the legs go horizontal.

Message_1622924653503.jpg
 
It's really hard to see from the picture. There are zebra hermit crabs that can look similar.

Check this page out:

There are several types of hermit crabs listed including green leg.
 
Maybe they are more white than green in my water?
 

Attachments

  • Message_1622933130228.jpg
    Message_1622933130228.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 51
Legs first one is eyes
 

Attachments

  • Message_1622933151968.jpg
    Message_1622933151968.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 46
They look kinda green in person but I tried to get the closet to the red parts I notice now
 
Best one I can get
 

Attachments

  • Message_1622933389490.jpg
    Message_1622933389490.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 47
In the tank it's legs are light green but where all the joints are is red his claws are actually quite big and his eyes and whiskers are HUGE let me see if I can get that picture
 
Best my camera can do his claw are about as thick as my young emerald crab but it's a hermit
 

Attachments

  • Message_1622934324443.jpg
    Message_1622934324443.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 36
He let a snail climb on his shell and flip him over ...
 

Attachments

  • Message_1622935025606.jpg
    Message_1622935025606.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 39

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top