Green Polyps or Some Type of Anemones?

Benjamin J. Young

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a small rock with Coraline on it from my LFS to seed my nano. It's been a few weeks, but I just noticed this finding shown in the attached closeup image. Appears to be neon green little things. I think they look like the Aiptasia I just killed that came with some of my frags. However, these seem to be pretty, are very tiny, and in a cluster of eight. That whole cluster is about the size of a half of a pea. Not sure what they are, but maybe someone else does?
20181011_193404.jpg
 
Not the best at ID's, but kind of looks like hydroids to me. Please wait for others to respond to confirm or debunk my guess. @KJ
 
Do they have a soft tube skeleton? I'm going with colonial hydroids as well - remove ASAP.
 
Definitely does not look like GSP, I agree with what the others said as well, looks like colonial hydroids. This pic is from another thread on here.
tapatalk_1539310475085.jpeg
 
Colonial Hydroids.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top