Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) & Uninterruptible Power Source (UPS)

Darwin stinton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2017
Messages
103
Reaction score
27
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I placed a 1000va UPS on my System which is plugged into my dedicated 20 amp circuit that is protected with a GFCI. I then realized that the UPS is now the power line conditioner, surge protector and backup power for my system. But the question is will it protect me now from being electrocuted as it's between the GFCI and my system, and in the event something fails or I make some dumb mistake, will I get electrocuted?

So! How many people have placed an external GFCI on the output of there UPS?

Line Cord GFCI.jpg
 
I would certainly suggest adding a GFCI after any power source. So yeah - sounds like the right solution! You can never really have too many GFCI's around water anyways... ;-)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top