Growing coral with Aquasky 1200mm led light

Snowflake eel lover 45

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the Aquasky 1200mm LED light grow low-light corals like toadstools and mushrooms? Anyone tried? Thank you!
image.jpg
 
I believe that the 1200mm is the length (approx. 4 foot). Do you know which Fluval Aquasky model you have? I have used a previous version of the Aquasky as a fish-only light although it could probably also grow basic corals.
 
I believe that the 1200mm is the length (approx. 4 foot). Do you know which Fluval Aquasky model you have? I have used a previous version of the Aquasky as a fish-only light although it could probably also grow basic corals.
I think it’s the 2.0 version. 12 watts, 3000 to 25000 k
 
Although I have only used the Aquasky for fish, only, your light should allow you to grow basic corals.
 
12 watts is barely any spectrum to support other than basic corals
I agree. Another thing to consider is the distance between the light and the coral, as well as keeping anything between the light and coral very clean. For example, some people use glass lids that are covered with salt creep, spray, algae, etc., which all greatly reduces the impact of the light.
 
I agree. Another thing to consider is the distance between the light and the coral, as well as keeping anything between the light and coral very clean. For example, some people use glass lids that are covered with salt creep, spray, algae, etc., which all greatly reduces the impact of the light.
That’s good to know because I have lids too. I think I might get a better light Do you have any recommendations on what light to get for a soft coral tank? I don’t want to spend a crazy amount of money
 
I agree. Another thing to consider is the distance between the light and the coral, as well as keeping anything between the light and coral very clean. For example, some people use glass lids that are covered with salt creep, spray, algae, etc., which all greatly reduces the impact of the light.
That’s good to know because I have lids too. I think I might get a better light; Do you have any recommendations on what light to get for a soft coral tank? I don’t want to spend a crazy amount of money
 
Sometimes we have a limited budget and there really is only so much money that we can spend. Other times we are looking for the best value and still other times we are looking for the best overall light. BRS has done several videos on this topic, and in at least one of their videos, they point to the Reefbreeders light as the best value. From my experience, I would agree with that assessment. Whether or not it is the light that you choose, you may want to at least consider it as an option.
 
Sometimes we have a limited budget and there really is only so much money that we can spend. Other times we are looking for the best value and still other times we are looking for the best overall light. BRS has done several videos on this topic, and in at least one of their videos, they point to the Reefbreeders light as the best value. From my experience, I would agree with that assessment. Whether or not it is the light that you choose, you may want to at least consider it as an option.
Thank you!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top