Growth on live rock with clear critters - please help identify

Altmann

What have I gotten myself into?
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2021
Messages
42
Reaction score
67
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What is this?

I have been extremely ill for about a month so i haven't spent the time I would normally spend watching everything in the tank. I just noticed this today. The video shows little clear critters climbing all over. I tried to zoom in best i can without distorting the image. Should I be concerned?

20220120_101234.jpg
20220120_095819.jpg
20220120_095423.jpg 20220120_095846.jpg
 
harmless filter feeders. natural part of a reef tank
So it has been at least 3 months since I added anything to the reef. Just maintenance. Any idea where this came from? What i am reading suggests they hitchhike easily?
 
So it has been at least 3 months since I added anything to the reef. Just maintenance. Any idea where this came from? What i am reading suggests they hitchhike easily?
And thank you for the quick response
 
So it has been at least 3 months since I added anything to the reef. Just maintenance. Any idea where this came from? What i am reading suggests they hitchhike easily?
i believe they form from the silicates in the RODI water? as any sponges do
 

What is this?

I have been extremely ill for about a month so i haven't spent the time I would normally spend watching everything in the tank. I just noticed this today. The video shows little clear critters climbing all over. I tried to zoom in best i can without distorting the image. Should I be concerned?

20220120_101234.jpg
20220120_095819.jpg
20220120_095423.jpg 20220120_095846.jpg
A harmless sponge! At least that's what it looks like.

And figure, other people have already chimed in.
 
A harmless sponge! At least that's what it looks like.

And figure, other people have already chimed in.
Thank you! I am new to this and googling is beyond overwhelming so i appreciate knowing what it is and can finishing learning from there. Plus it helps to know what to search and read in these forums!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top