Gulf live rock or Live Rock N' Reef ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hoju74
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I know KP ships overnight, but their price seemed considerably higher than the other vendors.
Make sure you consider shipping. Some include it in pricing, some don't. TBS doesn't - so they look cheaper than they actually are.


GulfLiveRock seems to be a little cheaper than KP (I think their stuff works out to $5/per+ shipping and KP does $6)
 
Plus one or five? on KP Aquatics. His prices are higher because overnight shipping to your home is included in the price. Most other places make you pay for airplane shipping or you will get 2-3 day shipping
 
Plus one or five? on KP Aquatics. His prices are higher because overnight shipping to your home is included in the price. Most other places make you pay for airplane shipping or you will get 2-3 day shipping
I'm keeping that in mind. KP and TBS seem to be the top choices. I do like the convenience factor of getting rock right to my front door.
 
If you get the 50lbs using SW or delta cargo it is cheaper. The limestone in Florida is much lighter than what we have in Texas and its very porous. To add to my 310 I recently bought 50 lbs shipped SW cargo and then 45 lbs dry by truck which is $92.70 with free shipping, so $2 a lb for dry. I am mixing them both in a tank for a few months to seed the dry from the live.
 
I recently bought some rock from Gulf Live Rock that had Aiptasia. I ended up throwing it out. I also ordered some from KP Aquatics that I had much better luck with. He actually guarantees to be Aiptasia free.
 
I recently bought some rock from Gulf Live Rock that had Aiptasia. I ended up throwing it out. I also ordered some from KP Aquatics that I had much better luck with. He actually guarantees to be Aiptasia free.
KP cannot guarantee to be aiptasia free, aiptasia can be so small the naked eye can't see it. unless aiptasia doesn't grow in the florida keys, but that wouldn't make sense because gulf live comes from the gulf of mexico. honestly just quarantine your live rock
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top