Gyre XF330 profile for 59" long tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Bos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
123
Reaction score
38
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Red Sea 525XL, 59" long.

Currently running 2 XF330, in hindsight, probably should have got the 350s, too late though.

Have them mounted on opposite side but not happy with the flow.
1) Tried LTC 100% min 60%, but its too 'calm/no flow' when its cycling at its lowest
2) tried my own setup, alternating with duration 10s.....was better
3) tried the setup posted by another member with duration 0.6s, it creates a very nice oscillating wave but still same problem.

Problem is the very edge of the tank, left and right side. it seems not to get much turbulent flow around it, I see poop and detritus gathering.
The middle is awesome flow, I have a plate long tentacle, its random movement and turbulent.

Just wondering if anyone have suggestion to a 'profile' I could try.
Ideally, 2 extra gentle pumps mounted on the sides of the overflow box pointed to the edges would be idea but I don't think there is a pump that can be mount 90deg to magnet.
 
I have a Reefer 450 -same length. I have a gyre 130 horizontal on top on the left side and a 130 perpendicular on backwall right side. I'm using two icecap interface's to connect Apex and run an alternating scheme. Never had a problem with surface debris.
 
Have a Red Sea 525XL, 59" long.

Currently running 2 XF330, in hindsight, probably should have got the 350s, too late though.

Have them mounted on opposite side but not happy with the flow.
1) Tried LTC 100% min 60%, but its too 'calm/no flow' when its cycling at its lowest
2) tried my own setup, alternating with duration 10s.....was better
3) tried the setup posted by another member with duration 0.6s, it creates a very nice oscillating wave but still same problem.

Problem is the very edge of the tank, left and right side. it seems not to get much turbulent flow around it, I see poop and detritus gathering.
The middle is awesome flow, I have a plate long tentacle, its random movement and turbulent.

Just wondering if anyone have suggestion to a 'profile' I could try.
Ideally, 2 extra gentle pumps mounted on the sides of the overflow box pointed to the edges would be idea but I don't think there is a pump that can be mount 90deg to magnet.

I had the same issue, with the gyre 280s in my redsea 450. i ended up putting 2 wav pumps on the sides of the overflows to combat this issue. I found on the gyres if you move the pumps over to reach those areas and reflect off the overflow it move to much sand around.
 
I had the same issue, with the gyre 280s in my redsea 450. i ended up putting 2 wav pumps on the sides of the overflows to combat this issue. I found on the gyres if you move the pumps over to reach those areas and reflect off the overflow it move to much sand around.

Yea, I moved the gyre towards the back of the tank to 'reflect' off the overflow box, like you said, it moves too much sand.
You said you put WAV on the sides of the overflow, how? you put the 'outside' magnet inside the overflow box in the water? are they saltproof/waterproof?
 
I have a Reefer 450 -same length. I have a gyre 130 horizontal on top on the left side and a 130 perpendicular on backwall right side. I'm using two icecap interface's to connect Apex and run an alternating scheme. Never had a problem with surface debris.

Maybe I'll try the 130 on backwall, but I would have though it would shift too much sand
 
Yeah i put the magnets on the inside, I dunno we will see. They are pretty sealed up i couldn't find really any open seams or anything that would make me think it would. I kept it in salt for a couple days and dried it nothing came out after i dried the outside.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top