Hairless, hard, dark green algae on the back wall

  • Thread starter Thread starter jek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

jek

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippines
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Can you help me identify what kind of algae this is? It’s hard and dark green. I would need a blade to scrape it off. There are few spots that are neon green and white. It’s been on the back of my tank’s wall for a few months now, and continues to spread. Is it a macroalgae?

IMG_0279.jpeg
 
Hello! Can you help me identify what kind of algae this is? It’s hard and dark green. I would need a blade to scrape it off. There are few spots that are neon green and white. It’s been on the back of my tank’s wall for a few months now, and continues to spread. Is it a macroalgae?

IMG_0279.jpeg
Certainly has all the appearances of coralline to me.
 
Do coralline help control the nutrients in the water? Because I don't plan on getting rid of them, except those that are growing on the side and front.
 
Do coralline help control the nutrients in the water? Because I don't plan on getting rid of them, except those that are growing on the side and front.
No they have nothing to do with exporting nutrients, it is just a sign of healthy aquarium.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top