Half of my fish suddenly died.

How's the tank doing? Did the gas exchange help?
So for now I lowered the water level to get more fall from the 2 hob filters and I've opened up both protein skimmers. Amazon will be delivering my powerhead and heater today... The prices at Petco were insane. I know everyone told me not to add fish but we already had an order in with an online company that was delivered last Monday. We added a bangai cardinal and 2 wheelers shrimp gobies. They are all doing just fine eating and getting familiar with the tank. I have tested the water everyday and it all seems perfect just the nitrates are around 10-15ppm but will hopefully lower with my small water changes (3 gallons) I'm making every other day or so.

20190728_125833.jpg
 
Looks like we might have found the problem today. One of Shrimp Gobies died either today or yesterday and I brought him to a new lfs like someone suggested and he immediately diagnosed the problem. Flukes. There were all these little white pieces floating around in the bag I put him in. He suggested I use quick cure. It says it's for minor fluke outbreak. I'm open to suggestions though.
 
Looks like we might have found the problem today. One of Shrimp Gobies died either today or yesterday and I brought him to a new lfs like someone suggested and he immediately diagnosed the problem. Flukes. There were all these little white pieces floating around in the bag I put him in. He suggested I use quick cure. It says it's for minor fluke outbreak. I'm open to suggestions though.

Easy fix with PraziPro. Safe and effective when used as directed. :)
http://www.hikariusa.com/water_quality_folder/prazipro.html
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top