Hammer coral dots near mouth

Humuhumu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Location
Seattle, WA, United States
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what my hammer coral is doing?

Came back home today and it was fine. Around 8pm I noticed some dots (photo with lights on). And now around 10pm, it's puffy and really bizarre looking (photo without lights on).

Thank you in advance!

20210426_205557.jpg 20210426_215831.jpg
 
Looks like it's expelling it's color.

What are your parameters?

How old is your tank?

What light do you have and what par is it at?
 
My parameters are:

Temp: 77.7
Salinity: 1.026
Alk: 9.0
Nitrate: 2.0
Phosphate: 0.16
Calcium: 500
Mag: 1400

My tank's about 6 months old. I do weekly 4-4.5 gallon water change on my Nuvo 14 using reef crystals.

I use AI Prime 16HD using modified Saxby schedule. I tested my PAR when I first got my light which read 100 near the sandbed. Since then, I moved around the intensity a little.

I hope she's okay. I have another hammer coral right next to her, and that one's doing fine. Here's the comparison photo (edited for clarity). Thanks for your response!
 

Attachments

  • 20210426_231810.jpg
    20210426_231810.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 31

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top