Hanna Alk checker use RedSea Alk reagent??

Luckyduck

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
692
Reaction score
471
Location
Webster, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone knows or has tried using the Reasea Alkalinity reagent in place of the Alkalinity reagent for the Hanna HI-755 Alkalinity checker. Is it the same liquid?
 
I would think they are completely different, seeing as one is a color gradient indicating the level, another is a titration color change with the amount of titrant used indicating the level...
 
These kits work by different methods with likely very different indicator dyes.

As I wrote in the other thread, it would also be a remarkable coincidence if the acid used in the titration was the same concentration as the acid used in the Hanna method.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top