Hanna checker off or is it the reagents?

Lavabrine ninja

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2021
Messages
156
Reaction score
42
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a ultra low phosphorous checker. I was told that it doesn't matter if I use ultra low phosphate or ultra low phosphorous reagents. It'll still give me an accurate reading. So, I got ultra low phosphate reagents. I tested the tank before a water change. Was reading 200ppm, I panicked. So, I quick did the water change (65% water change) then waited a day or two then tested again. Still showing the same reading. Is it because I'm using phosphate reagents in a phosphorous checker?
 
To me it doesn't make sense that "it doesn't matter if you use phosphate or phosporous", I wouldn't trust it.

But water change doesn't significantly reduce phosphate level, if at all. So it is possible to have the same reading 2 days after the water change.
 
To me it doesn't make sense that "it doesn't matter if you use phosphate or phosporous", I wouldn't trust it.

But water change doesn't significantly reduce phosphate level, if at all. So it is possible to have the same reading 2 days after the water change.
So I'd probably be better off paying new reagents that are ultra low phosphorous. And try and trade these phosphate ones
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top