Has anyone seen or ID this specific Ultra White shrimp?

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,141
Reaction score
1,807
Location
Toronto, CANADA / BORNEO Island
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, it's been a while since I last came online. On may way home from work today & called my local lfs for something and was told to swing by to check out 2 odd livestocks. All snapped by my basic iPhone.
A. What is this ultra white body shrimp ID as? Has a tinge of faint yellow on the head area and 2 red dots on the mid section. This specific shrimp intrigued my curiosity and I brought it home instead.
B. A pair of Red Lima shrimps. These pair are very small and a Nano set up would be ideal.
Thank you.

IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0766.jpg Lima_Pair.jpg Lima#1.jpg Lima#2.jpg
 
Hey folks, it's been a while since I last came online. On may way home from work today & called my local lfs for something and was told to swing by to check out 2 odd livestocks. All snapped by my basic iPhone.
A. What is this ultra white body shrimp ID as? Has a tinge of faint yellow on the head area and 2 red dots on the mid section. This specific shrimp intrigued my curiosity and I brought it home instead.
B. A pair of Red Lima shrimps. These pair are very small and a Nano set up would be ideal.
Thank you.

IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0766.jpg Lima_Pair.jpg Lima#1.jpg Lima#2.jpg
1. Looks like Stenopus devaneyi. Its pretty uncommon to come across and is in the same Genus as the more famous Banded Coral Shrimp (Stenopus hispidus).

You may refer here

 
Last edited:
1. Looks like Stenopus devaneyi. Its pretty uncommon to come across and is in the same Genus as the more famous Banded Coral Shrimp (Stenopus hispidus).

You may refer here

Yeah you're bang on ID'ng this shrimp. Thanks a bunch.

BTW I notice you're located in M'sia and whereabouts of M'sia? Not sure if you're local but I'm actually from Sabah.
 
Yeah you're bang on ID'ng this shrimp. Thanks a bunch.

BTW I notice you're located in M'sia and whereabouts of M'sia? Not sure if you're local but I'm actually from Sabah.
Hi, yes I am local. I’m from West Malaysia though, Selangor.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top