Has anyone seen these in the states yet?

This is the chart they have posted on the website
upload_2018-10-19_8-42-20.png

Am I reading the chart wrong or does the PAR max out at around 280?
 
Am I reading the chart wrong or does the PAR max out at around 280?
That appears to be the max par at those mounting heights. but thats at an 18" mounting and 24" mounting height, i'm sure the closer you mount the par increases.
 
I don't see any specs for the pro model. The specs I found were the mini model. The mini would work for a smaller nano.
 
That appears to be the max par at those mounting heights. but thats at an 18" mounting and 24" mounting height, i'm sure the closer you mount the par increases.

Thanks, I had overlooked the part about mounting height so that makes more sense now. Hmm.... for ~$150 I’m tempted to give the mini a shot. If I owned a PAR meter I would be more willing to order one just to get some real life PAR numbers. I have a small pico tank I keep BTA’s in that may be a good guinea pig...[emoji848]
 
It looks like there are few version of these lights. Ones that OP posted about look to be newer version. They use same Bridgelux/Epistar LEDs as CBBs and have 90 degree reflectors. There looks to be an older version as well, which uses CREE LEDs and there are 2 different versions of PRO as well: Aqua Pro and Aqua Pro Color. Old model also uses 80 and 100 degree reflectors. Old Pro version are actually new Mini versions (20 LEDs) and New Pro are 42 LEDs. Would be interesting to see why they went away from CREE LEDs and 80 and 100 degree optics to worse LEDs and 90 degree optics only. And looks wise, old version looks much sleeker.

http://www.micmol.com/aquapro/techspecs.html

aquapro10.jpg

https://reefbuilders.com/2017/12/21/micmol-adds-aqua-mini-aqua-pro-g3-led-models/#
 
Probably cost made them change the design. The first design was passively cooled, the newer one uses a fan. The fan design is much better.
 
I have the older model aqua mini colour and they are great lights for a nano. Controller is a little basic but the unit has good colour blending and puts out decent light but the old model I have has one design flaw and that is the circuit board is in the top of unit right where the side vents are so if they get splashed and water enters those vents it ends up on the circuit board. I used mine for a while in my sump on a larger tank for growing macro and it got wet at some point and water entered the side vent and zap kapow batman blue channel is dead.

So good lights just be aware they are not fully splash proof, that may have changed for the new model though.
 
It's pretty refreshing to see REASONABLY priced light enter into the market. More manufacturers are starting to use COD LEDs which are multiple spectrum LEDs. Think one chip, multiple spectrums on the same chip. Kind of like a kessil. However, kessil did NOT invent this technology, they simply used it, and tuned it for a marine application.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top