Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

No one is attacking you, but you come into a thread for the first time, with lots of people here that have been waiting a long time, and state it's easy, just order one and a few days later it's up and running. So of course our first impression is troll. We've mentioned pictures... we haven't seen any to date.
How would you feel?
I would probably feel quite upset, but I would not go into attack mode.

It is working, but I'm not happy with the readings it is giving me., and if you saw the mess that lives in my sump you wouldn't want a photo either.

I'm sure GHL will start to ship fast now, so everyone can relive my experience.
 
I would probably feel quite upset, but I would not go into attack mode.

It is working, but I'm not happy with the readings it is giving me., and if you saw the mess that lives in my sump you wouldn't want a photo either.

I'm sure GHL will start to ship fast now, so everyone can relive my experience.
NO pics? No proof you have it!
 
I would probably feel quite upset, but I would not go into attack mode.

It is working, but I'm not happy with the readings it is giving me., and if you saw the mess that lives in my sump you wouldn't want a photo either.

I'm sure GHL will start to ship fast now, so everyone can relive my experience.
Could you snap a picture if the device and some readings you are getting? I’m more curious of what you’re seeing. pictures would give more credibility for folks on here since this device is only a teased myth for most
 
I have a receipt. lol:)

The issues I have at the mo are quite simple. They disagree with the red sea pro tests by a huge amount.

The ION director is saying zero nitrate, where the Red Sea is telling me 15ppm. Ca is 390 with ION director, but 470 according to red sea.

I trust the red sea test, and I'm concerned I may have just wasted almost $2000

It could be just old reagents. Time will tell.
 
Last edited:
I have a receipt. lol:)

I don't particularly care if you trust me or not. Australia has border policies that ensure that idiots like you will never be allowed into Australia unless you are vaccinated, Suck that up.

The issues I have at the mo are quite simple. They disagree with the red sea pro tests by a huge amount.

The ION director is saying zero nitrate, where the Red Sea is telling me 15ppm. Ca is 390 with ION director, but 470 according to red sea.

I trust the red sea test, and I'm concerned I may have just wasted almost $2000

It could be just old reagents. Time will tell.

Well not sure if name-calling is needed either, in any event, enjoy the ION. I too am interested in the readings and any discrepancies, but it seems that you have no interest in joining the discussion in a healthy manner.
 
Still no proof you have one. Until then you don't and you're full of it.
Okay, I'm not going to bother proving it.

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not lie, as that is not my nature.

Good luck, as that is the only thing you have going for you. Luck. I wish you a life full of luck, as you're going to need it.
 
Okay, I'm not going to bother proving it.

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not lie, as that is not my nature.

Good luck, as that is the only thing you have going for you. Luck. I wish you a life full of luck, as you're going to need it.
Good ....... You don't have one then. Problem solved.
 
Well that got political pretty quickly.

I can’t help but remember the mindstream fiasco a while back. Maybe holding off on the release will be better to work some of the kinks out???
 
Well that got political pretty quickly.

I can’t help but remember the mindstream fiasco a while back. Maybe holding off on the release will be better to work some of the kinks out???
That's fine if they just tell us that.
 
I have removed several posts. Please remember to abide by the terms of service. Thanks.
 
I would probably feel quite upset, but I would not go into attack mode.

It is working, but I'm not happy with the readings it is giving me., and if you saw the mess that lives in my sump you wouldn't want a photo either.

I'm sure GHL will start to ship fast now, so everyone can relive my experience.
I believe you, I see no reason for anyone to come on here and taunt people with a made up story.
We know lots of these units have shipped out into Germany and it's a good bet that some of those units ended up in other countries for more $$

Your story of inaccurate readings sounds exactly the same as what some of the German users are saying.

I also understand why you might not wish to provide photos of the readings, as the screen shots unless edited might reveal which serial numbered unit you have. I don't think it would hurt to release just a picture of the unit itself, but that is your choice and I guess after the attacks your not inclined to do it.

Anyway none of this helps to put a unit in the hand of users in the USA. We have Beta testers on this forum and they have said almost nothing. I have Beta tested three models of Aquarium controller and when things were good I would drop hints like "Working Great". When things were bad I would say nothing. We have heard nothing from the IonD Beta testers and IMHO that is not a good sign.
 
We have Beta testers on this forum and they have said almost nothing. I have Beta tested three models of Aquarium controller and when things were good I would drop hints like "Working Great". When things were bad I would say nothing. We have heard nothing from the IonD Beta testers and IMHO that is not a good sign.

Concerning me, being French, I expressed my opinion on French forums, @Ditto having already done so here.

Gaël
 

Concerning me, being French, I expressed my opinion on French forums, @Ditto having already done so here.

Gaël
Do the Beta testers get to keep the units when the beta phase has ended? Are you still using the unit? What is your opinion on the probe? Have you replaced the probe yet?

I have so many questions... :p
 
Do the Beta testers get to keep the units when the beta phase has ended?
I do not have to express myself on the conditions of the beta tests as these are subject to NDA :)

Are you still using the unit? What is your opinion on the probe?
It's a great device, the measurements were within the ICP-OES margin of error.

Have you replaced the probe yet?
I have so many questions... :p
My sensor ended but I did not have the latest version which is more resistant.
So at the moment he can't test anymore.

Gaël
 

Concerning me, being French, I expressed my opinion on French forums, @Ditto having already done so here.

Gaël
All well and good from 2 months ago but we have not heard a thing from the Beta testers now that a new probe is out or we assume should be out. We also know that the old probe is not lasting very long. If I was Beta testing the unit and knew that none of this was true I would be posting in this very thread that my Beta unit is working perfectly and the probe has lasted more than 6 months. (Even if it does last 6 month, I am still trying to work out the economics of that.) Also with that short probe life is GHL going to guarantee people that the probe price will not rise significantly a year from now.
I would hate to be one of those people who end up financing this de-boggle by paying a premium for probes twice a year.

So now that I think of it your a Beta tester. How long does the probe last?
 
All well and good from 2 months ago but we have not heard a thing from the Beta testers now that a new probe is out or we assume should be out. We also know that the old probe is not lasting very long. If I was Beta testing the unit and knew that none of this was true I would be posting in this very thread that my Beta unit is working perfectly and the probe has lasted more than 6 months. (Even if it does last 6 month, I am still trying to work out the economics of that.) Also with that short probe life is GHL going to guarantee people that the probe price will not rise significantly a year from now.
I would hate to be one of those people who end up financing this de-boggle by paying a premium for probes twice a year.

So now that I think of it your a Beta tester. How long does the probe last?
The sensor is guaranteed 6 months by GHL, if it happened that it ends before, it will be replaced free of charge.
Not having the new sensor, I cannot give my opinion on its lifespan.

The lifespan of the sensor is determined by various factors, water quality being the most important one. If the sample water contains high levels of organics and nutrients, the sensor may experience more wear. On the other hand, if the water quality is good, the sensor will see a lengthier life. The frequency of tests performed also play a role in the lifespan of the probe.

To put it into perspective, if one tests 500 times with “dirtier” water compared to 500 times with “cleaner” water, the lifespan of the sensor will not be the same.

Nonetheless, the minimum 6 month period still applies.

Gaël
 
Last edited:
Finally something from GHL:

Hello,

IOND shipment update #5 (Sensor status)

Since our last update, we mentioned that we were waiting on the newly optimized sensors to be delivered from Germany. As of now the IOND delivery situation is still not to GHL’s satisfaction because the sensor manufacturer is not able to keep up with the quantities needed for the global market.



On one hand, the production is now much more complex because GHL has made further design changes to improve the long-term stability and transportability of the sensor. On the other hand, the manufacturer is struggling with the procurement of materials. The worldwide shortage of raw materials is also making itself felt here.



As we navigate through these challenges, there is light at the end of the tunnel.



In 2 weeks, the delivery quantities of the sensors will be drastically increased which means we can begin shipping IONDs the week of November 22nd.



There’s no denying the wait has been longer than anyone could have expected. Nonetheless our commitment to you, our customer, still stands strong. If GHL finds an opportunity to make further improvements, you can bet they’re going to take the time to make the product even better. In the case of these sensors, GHL found ways to improve the lifespan and durability. Rather than being happy with the product as-is and start shipping immediately, additional time, resources and efforts were applied to further improve the sensors.



We truly appreciate those who understand our commitment to quality and dependability.

You deserve a fully functional product. That’s why we put all the necessary efforts to give you exactly that.
 
But I'll believe it when I see it. I'm banking on Jan-Feb.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top