Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

The sensor is guaranteed 6 months by GHL, if it happened that it ends before, it will be replaced free of charge.
Not having the new sensor, I cannot give my opinion on its lifespan.

The lifespan of the sensor is determined by various factors, water quality being the most important one. If the sample water contains high levels of organics and nutrients, the sensor may experience more wear. On the other hand, if the water quality is good, the sensor will see a lengthier life. The frequency of tests performed also play a role in the lifespan of the probe.

To put it into perspective, if one tests 500 times with “dirtier” water compared to 500 times with “cleaner” water, the lifespan of the sensor will not be the same.

Nonetheless, the minimum 6 month period still applies.

Gaël
Thank you for the reply but I was asking you how long has your probe lasted?
 
Do the Beta testers get to keep the units when the beta phase has ended? Are you still using the unit? What is your opinion on the probe? Have you replaced the probe yet?

I have so many questions... :p
I can only tell you from my experience.
You keep the equipment after the testing is done and you are typically the first one to get a unit from the final production model. That is also a free unit.

I noticed @Ditto got a unit as soon as they shipped the final production models out so I assume that part remains true. They never charge you for the Beta unit as it is typically junk anyway. The only question is if GHL was generous enough to send them the final units for free.

I am also asking @Gaël about the probe but not getting an answer.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the reply but I was asking you how long has your probe lasted?
Hi,

As this sensor is not the definitive sensor that you will have I do not see the point of knowing its lifespan which may not be identical to that of you will have. :)

Gaël
 
I pre ordered mine Jan 3rd 2020, I've been holding tight for sometime. From the update I received yesterday it looks like some of them will be shipping the week of November 22nd. It seems they are working on optimizing the sensor.
 
Hi,

As this sensor is not the definitive sensor that you will have I do not see the point of knowing its lifespan which may not be identical to that of you will have. :)

Gaël
Not sure if I follow. We get the fact that the lifespan will vary, I am just asking you how long did yours last?
 
I agree with Gael, I don't see the benefit of knowing the lifespan of a sensor that is never going to be released.
 
I agree with Gael, I don't see the benefit of knowing the lifespan of a sensor that is never going to be released.
Wasn’t the only change to the sensor to improve shipping durability? I don’t see any harm in sharing one’s experience given that every tank will have different results anyway even with the same sensor.
 
Wasn’t the only change to the sensor to improve shipping durability? I don’t see any harm in sharing one’s experience given that every tank will have different results anyway even with the same sensor.
On one hand, the production is now much more complex because GHL has made further design changes to improve the long-term stability and transportability of the sensor.
 
So.....I received a more "official" statement from GHL USA saying the same thing. Release and shipping in two weeks. This sounds like they might be really going through with it and that maybe they're starting to listen that we want to know what's going on. All positive things.
While I'm excited and feel lucky to be one of the first to get it in the USA, I'm also feeling for those that still have 4-5 months to wait for it. It's been a long time, frustrating, exciting and interesting.
Lets hope they've figured everything out and all goes well.
 
This whole debacle is a joke. I’ve finally given up after two years and asked Sewatec for a refund twice nice and both times my refund request has being ignored.
 
This whole debacle is a joke. I’ve finally given up after two years and asked Sewatec for a refund twice nice and both times my refund request has being ignored.
Sewatec???
 
I preordered through Sewatec in Germany
Third party. If you ordered through GHL you'd have your money back. Sewatec spent your money and probably others money too.
 
I am gladly waiting on my IOND. :) :) :)

I will wait as long as it takes. I know this equipment is the only one in existence that will take the readings we reefers want. Why are debating this? Lets wait until GHL gives us the best equipment that is offered currently.
 
Third party. If you ordered through GHL you'd have your money back. Sewatec spent your money and probably others money too.
GHL assured that they would work with their resellers to guarantee refunds.
GHL don’t even respond to emails anymore that have IOND in the subject line
 
GHL assured that they would work with their resellers to guarantee refunds.
GHL don’t even respond to emails anymore that have IOND in the subject line
That's not right! Did you try emailing GhL sales. I think the link is in this thread.
 
That's not right! Did you try emailing GhL sales. I think the link is in this thread.
Yes. Email GHL and make sure to include ION somewhere in the heading..lol. It will be ignored like every other communication the last, what, 8 months.
 
I would still hold on a bit longer. I figure that if by December GHL is not able to deliver a properly working product they will probably pull the plug themselves. If they stay on this road past mid December I would personally not wait around any longer, but that is each persons own choice, I can only speak for myself assuming I had waited around this long already.

Forgot to respond to this. Thanks for your input, it is appreciated. Have decided to hold on until the next update to Europe. If it's another delay then gonna cancel, if it's shipping then will see what arrives on the doorstep I guess.
 
ummn, I ordered one on Monday and received it it on Thursday.

It works fine.

Not sure what the noise is all about.
Well @gbroadbridge you have been vindicated.
One guy on the GHL forum is saying the same thing.
He says Meer Wasser is offering the ionD for immediate delivery and cannot understand why his Pre Order from January has not been delivered.

To which GHL responds:
"These dealers may have already stocked up on large quantities right from the start and placed large pre-orders with us. "

I see that they had it listed in the link with a 3-4 day delivery time but they now list the units as out of stock. I guess as soon as word gets out people buy them up.

What is strange to me is why would anyone rush out to buy an older unit with a defective older probe?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top