Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Not sure how I miscalculated that. Looks like I left out half the reference solution and accounted for loss from each bottle. My calculation only included 8 bottles of reference (4 of each).
 
And you need 2 probes/year, don’t forget that
True, could be up to two probes per year, depending your tank water quality. I also didn’t run the numbers on high precision which uses 13ml/test versus 9 which is 44% higher usage rate of solution
 
True, could be up to two probes per year, depending your tank water quality. I also didn’t run the numbers on high precision which uses 13ml/test versus 9 which is 44% higher usage rate of solution
So it’s about 600$ a year to maintain this..to know stuff you barely test once a month maybe.. also the probe deteriorates after 6 months regardless (like a PH probe)
 
Well that sucks, why would they say up to 4 months then? , from what I read they are supposedly shipping units out
No one knows for sure how long it will take.

The people who made early pre-orders have been waiting a year or 2 but that was pre-orders but they waited so long because GHL was still developing and manufacturing the product. New orders won’t have to wait for the development and testing; they just have to wait for manufacturing and shipping.

Once GHL figures out the probe and starts sending product, I really don’t think it will take too long for new orders, maybe 3 months tops. But that’s just my guess.
 
Deleted: Duplicate of asked question.
 
So it’s about 600$ a year to maintain this..to know stuff you barely test once a month maybe.. also the probe deteriorates after 6 months regardless (like a PH probe)
More like $670 if @IKD math is right and we then add in another probe.
 
No one knows for sure how long it will take.

The people who made early pre-orders have been waiting a year or 2 but that was pre-orders but they waited so long because GHL was still developing and manufacturing the product. New orders won’t have to wait for the development and testing; they just have to wait for manufacturing and shipping.

Once GHL figures out the probe and starts sending product, I really don’t think it will take too long for new orders, maybe 3 months tops. But that’s just my guess.
That’s what I was thinking to, I’m willing to wait 3-4 months, yes people have been waiting a long time for sure, and I do hope they get them shipping out and take care of the people who bought them 2 years ago!! , I just figured it’s just about the perfect time to place a order now that they are so close, what wrong with the probe though?
 
That’s what I was thinking to, I’m willing to wait 3-4 months, yes people have been waiting a long time for sure, and I do hope they get them shipping out and take care of the people who bought them 2 years ago!! , I just figured it’s just about the perfect time to place a order now that they are so close, what wrong with the probe though?
There was some issues with the life span of them, I think they were targeting 6 month minimum but when they shipped some out in Europe, users were seeing their probe %(this is a life span calculation determined by the IOND that is visible in the app) dropping quite quickly. They went back to the probe manufacturer to improve it in some way. I think they have improved them but I don’t think any long term tests have been done on these new probes though. But I believe GHL USA is targeting to ship out the new units with improved probes by the end of this month.
 
But I believe GHL USA is targeting to ship out the new units with improved probes by the end of this month.
Should I continue holding my breath for “that”shipping date? I haven’t been able to breathe for a year now. I’ve lost count of all the different shipping windows.
 
Should I continue holding my breath for “that”shipping date? I haven’t been able to breathe for a year now. I’ve lost count of all the different shipping windows.
I have no idea when they will actually ship, I am not affiliated with GHL.

If you have waited this long though, I would probably wait until the end of the year. I believe the units are at the US warehouse they are just waiting on the new probe before shipment.
 
When this is over, the three of us need to meet at a RAP and I’ll buy the first round of drinks
I can help… anyone want to preorder a beer? :)
 
This math look right?

1000ml @ 9ml/test = 111 tests. Twice a day is 55 days worth, which is 6.6 refills annually

6.6 x $28.90 = $190.74 for each reference.
so $381.48 for references

ION Director Multi-ION Sensor: $144.90

Total = ~$526 annually
Why would anyone test nitrate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, or sodium more than once a month or maybe once a week???

with regular test kits I might test nitrate often if there is an issue there, but the rest??? Once every couple months if ever, if no seen issue in the tank.

I mean i ordered one of these, but it was mostly so i could just hit a button when i want to test, or have it automatically test every once in a while, and not have to manually test.

Does the machine require frequent testing?
 
Why would anyone test nitrate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, or sodium more than once a month or maybe once a week???

with regular test kits I might test nitrate often if there is an issue there, but the rest??? Once every couple months if ever, if no seen issue in the tank.

I mean i ordered one of these, but it was mostly so i could just hit a button when i want to test, or have it automatically test every once in a while, and not have to manually test.

Does the machine require frequent testing?
I agree. What do people have going inside their tank to justify testing three times a day?
If my #'s are that inconsistent then I'm figuring I'm doing something wrong.
 
Why would anyone test nitrate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, or sodium more than once a month or maybe once a week???

with regular test kits I might test nitrate often if there is an issue there, but the rest??? Once every couple months if ever, if no seen issue in the tank.

I mean i ordered one of these, but it was mostly so i could just hit a button when i want to test, or have it automatically test every once in a while, and not have to manually test.

Does the machine require frequent testing?
Good comment. Would be good to know the expiration of reference solutions after opening. That may drive your refill needs over running out.
 
I agree. What do people have going inside their tank to justify testing three times a day?
If my #'s are that inconsistent then I'm figuring I'm doing something wrong.
My math was based on prior comment of someone running twice a day in their question.
 
I seen no value in this device, or any other automatic tester, if all your tank needs is weekly testing. It just doesn't make financial sense, including the time it takes to perform manual testing. Which is my situation, I only test weekly. I do test more often on an as needed basis.
 
I seen no value in this device, or any other automatic tester, if all your tank needs is weekly testing. It just doesn't make financial sense, including the time it takes to perform manual testing. Which is my situation, I only test weekly. I do test more often on a as needed basis.
And to each his own. I tend to test every other day. I don't need this. But I do get tired of manually testing. So.......I splurged.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top